Are you holding an event or activity in conjunction with the 2005 Reading Across Rhode Island selection, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini? Apply for a mini-grant in support of the expenses for your RARI-related event taking place from January through June 2005 for an amount up to $200. Please note: your organization may apply for r eimbursement for events that have already taken place, January – March.
Who may apply: Rhode Island schools, libraries of any type, non-profit organizations.
Acceptable requests: Speaker’s fee or honorarium, supplies, marketing/publicity tools, refreshments (not more than 25% of the request) for any event in support of your organization’s participation in this year’s project.
Limits: We will not reimburse the purchase of books with this grant. Your reading group, school or library must be located in Rhode Island to be considered eligible for this year’s funding opportunity.
Review process begins April 1st. Funding is limited.
On a separate page, please submit the following information in application for the Reading Across Rhode Island mini grant:
- Name & Title of person submitting application:
- City, Zip:
- email Address:
- Brief Program Description: What is the format of your event? Panel discussion, craft activity, children’s program, lecture? List 1 or 2 goals you want to achieve through this event or project
- Intended Audience: Who are the key participants? Number of expected attendees?
- Marketing Plan: How will you promote your program to ensure participation by the intended audience?
- Budget: A brief outline of how the funds will be spent: Venue cost? Materials? Refreshments? Speaker honoraria?
- Evaluation Plan: How will you evaluate the effectiveness of the project?
- If you are applying for reimbursement, please submit copies of all receipts and invoices your organization has paid for the program. These should be included with your budget.
- All program publicity must include the Reading Across Rhode Island logo (see Resources –readingacrossri.org) and state that: “funding (or partial funding) for this event was provided by Reading Across Rhode Island, a project of the Rhode Island Center for the Book, sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Fidelity Investments, Providence Public Library, Riverhead Books, Corporation for National & Community Service, Verizon, and Reading with Robin, WHJJ – 920 am.”
- Before your program, please send copies of your promotional materials to Reading Across Rhode Island for our website calendar ([email protected]).
- After your program, please send photographs and success stories to Reading Across Rhode Island for our website ([email protected]). In addition, please include copies of any evaluation materials you have collected related to the program. This will serve as your final evaluation.
- Applications will be reviewed by the RARI Planning Committee
- Mini-grant awards will be announced on the RARI website
Send your application to: [email protected]
Or Fax to: Louise Moulton at 455-8004
Or Mail to: Louise Moulton
Reading Across Rhode Island
150 Empire Street
Providence, Rhode Island 02903